The history of the beer brewing company Privatbrauerei Eichbaum started on 3 October 1679 with the award of a brewery licence to Jean du Chaine by the town council of Mannheim. Today, Eichbaum is one of the largest and highest-output breweries in Baden-Württemberg. As the oldest company in Mannheim, Eichbaum is a company with a long tradition.
In 2016, Privatbrauerei Eichbaum invested in a state-of-the-art high-bay warehouse at the Mannheim site. The new, 27 m high warehouse has enabled the brewery to significantly increase its storage capacity without using any additional floor space. The brewery is located right in the middle of the city. Thanks to the high level of automation, the customer can operate the warehouse without any need for manual.
- Constructed area 45 m x 45 m
- Fully-automated high-bay warehouse (27 m high) with 3 aisles and 14,408 pallet storage spaces
- Canal warehouse 7/8 pallet storage spaces deep
- Performance: 70 pallets in & 130 out / hour
- 3 stacker cranes (double load suspension device, double mast)
- Direct connection to a production line
- Fully-automated half-pallet nut remover
- Fully-automated label printing via robot
- Project run time 18 months
- Transformation of manually operated intralogistics to a fully-automated and integrated value chain
- Maximisation of storage density due to pressures from considerable lack of floor
- space Construction of a high-bay warehouse in the city centre