Zimmermann-Graeff & Müller (ZGM), headquartered in Zell an der Mosel, is a family-owned company that is now in its 5th generation of ownership. Today, the company founded by Jakob Zimmermann in 1886 is one of Germany’s most important wine producers. The success of ZGM is based on the exceptional quality of its wines, which is at the heart of everything they do. The broad range of German, European and New World wines covered by ZGM is available almost everywhere in the German food retail sector and can be found on the shelves in many other countries as well. As one of the strongest export companies in the German wine sector, the company markets wines in more than 50 countries around the world.
In 2016, Weinkellerei Zimmermann-Graeff & Müller (ZGM) invested in a modern high-bay warehouse, new tanks and new filling technology at the site in Zell-Barl. The new, 30 m high warehouse has enabled the company to relocate its filling capacities from Kinheim to Zell. In the process, the plant will become one of the largest and most ecient of its kind in Germany. As a result, ZGM has boosted its filling capacity from previously 140 million bottles per year to 270 million. The Nentire project was conceived and implemented by System Logistics GmbH as the general contractor.
- Two production sites and multiple external warehouses
- Fully-automated high-bay warehouse (30 m high) with 15,260 pallet storage spaces
- Performance: 130 pallets in & out / hour 5 stacker cranes, 600 m of conveyor systems technology and 448 drives for the conveyor systems
- Direct connection to 4 production lines 6 automated guided vehicle systems for production supply 9,500 m² manual shelf warehouse & block storage 15 hand-held control devices mounted on the industrial trucks
- Project runtime 18 months
- Centralisation of logistics in a single site
- Integration of the entire value chain
- Additional management of seasonal, external warehousing with one software solution