Plzensky Prazdroj is the largest brewer in the Czech Republic and is part of the Japanese Asahi Group. Since 1842, it has supplied the amber drink to most of Europe, where it was the first brewery to use industrial processes, at the same time maintaining the fermentation phases unchanged.
THE CUSTOMER'S REQUEST
In search for optmising costs and ROI of newly built warehouse in brewery Radegast in Nošovice, the customer decided to turn to System Logistics to concretely meet customers technological needs. The “Block Storage” (stacked pallet) warehouse also includes various shipping areas dedicated to sideloading, backloading and secondary distribution, as well as a refilling area for picking. The AGV system can lift pallets to a height of 6 metres (2, 3 or 4 levels, depending on the type of product) and, thanks to the use of single/double forks, manages all picking operations from production, storage and handling, also tending some single-depth shelving dedicated to selective handling of single pallets. The project began in 2019 in parallel with the construction of the new warehouse floor and became operational in just over 1.5 years.
- Comprehensive management of the warehouse and all operational phases (production, storage, picking and shipping).
- A system tailor made to the genuine needs of the customer.
- Possibility of simulating the plant with different scenarios before deciding.
- Scalability and flexibility of the system (AGV + software).
- RoI analysis, costs and solution evaluated in collaboration with the customer.
- System operational in 1.5 years.